Saturday

Christmas Quote Quiz!






Can you name the author for each quote about Christmas? (Answers follow, below.)


There's nothing sadder in this world than to wake Christmas morning and not be a child.

This is the message of Christmas: we are never alone.

I will honour Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.

At Christmas, all roads lead to home.

The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect!

Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don't clean it up too quickly.

At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.

Answers


Erma Bombeck

Taylor Caldwell

Charles Dickens (from A Christmas Carol)

Marjorie Holmes

Charles N. Barnard

Hamilton Wright Mabie

Norman Vincent Peale

Andy Rooney

Thomas Tusser

Larry Wilde

Merry Christmas, Everyone!




(

6 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Just found your blog. Hope you don't mind if I tag along. Love all the Christmas quotes!

Jessica Interiors, Etc. said...

Hello Darlin',
I am so good at quizzes, I didn't get a single one...but, enjoyed reading the quotes....
I just about have everything done before my mother-in-law arrives to celebrate Christmas...she was too ill last year, and wasn't able to come...I want this to be a glorious Christmas for her (and all).
XOXO
Jessica

Jessa said...

Hi Jessica, sorry to have stumped you! Glad you had fun though :) Wishing you a glorious Christmas!

And Tammy I LOVE that you would like to tag along. I treasure my followers and I am honored that you are one of them!

Deborah said...

Stopping by, visiting "Just for the JOY of It" bloggers.

Thanks for sharing those quotes. I like Charles Dickens the best!

:o)

Sharon said...

I LOVE the quote about the Christmas Morning mess! How true is that?!

great list.... some beautiful sentiments and some good chuckles!

merry Christmas!

Prior said...

Love the quotes! Lezlee

Simple accents for crafts, bridal showers, baby showers, home, decor, or gifts:

Popular posts: