Tuesday

Mulled Apple Cider {Recipe}


Mulled Apple Cider is a favorite family tradition. 
Around Thanksgiving and again at Christmas I make a large pot of this cider 
to simmer on the stove.
And homemade cider it makes such a wonderful presentation for holiday guests.


Mulled Cider Recipe: 
For every gallon of apple juice I add the following

  • 1 lemon and/or orange sliced
  • A handful or two of fresh cranberries (optional, and mostly for decoration)
  • A shake or two of ground nutmeg and ground cloves 
  • 3-5 cinnamon sticks (do not substitute for ground cinnamon as it clumps together when heated in water)
  • 2 cored and halved apples (these also are for decoration, but my kids love eating them when the cider is gone)

After adding everything, heat the cider till warm, (carefully) adjust nutmeg and cloves to taste, turn pot to simmer and enjoy!





8 comments:

donna said...

I can smell it now and am going to make it for Thanksgiving and will add the cranberries and apples, too. Hot cider makes me look forward to cool/cold weather. Thanks for the idea.

donna

jen said...

Oh, super yay! I wanted to swing over and make sure I'm all ready for the photo card giveaway AND I find this YUM recipe for mulled cider. What a great day!!!

The Tablescaper said...

Yum. This sounds like a must for Thanksgiving.

- The Tabelscaper

Lynn said...

This sounds very good! So fun that your kids look forward to the apples:@)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love hot cider! We're having an anniversary party soon and I'll be sure to have some on the stove simmering. Thanks for your sweet visit to my table this week.

Anonymous said...

We LOVE mulled apple cider around here! Last year my grandma said "I don't like apple cider" and for whatever reason decided to taste the hot mulled cider anyway. Then I think she drank about a gallon of it! I was a little mad because I didn't hardly get any :( Grandma drank it all!

Having hot mulled cider is a tradition for us too, although we don't make our own cider, we try to make a trip to Amish country (another tradition) and buy our apple cider there. I can't wait to go this year :)

Jenn

Jessa said...

Traveling to Amish country sounds like such a great tradition! Bet they have wonderful cider too.

Flavia Galasso said...

I will try this easy recipe...thanks ..I didn't know it!!! Have a nice day.... ciao Flavia

From today I'm going to translate in English version every recipe I'm going to post for all my far friends!!!

Simple accents for crafts, bridal showers, baby showers, home, decor, or gifts:

Popular posts: