Friday

Stuffed Mushrooms

These fun little mushrooms are easy to make and always a hit.

Start by removing the stems and hulling out the mushrooms.


Set these aside to be used in the filling mixture.
Filling:
About 1/2 lb of ground beef (or sausage) for every 10 mushrooms, cooked well. Add cream cheese, to taste, and minced mushroom stems while still warm.
Then add some of the following: bell peppers, garlic, parsley, basil, parmesan cheese, bacon, onion, spinage. Mincing the larger vegetabels.
Stuff the mushrooms and top with paremsan cheese and 2 pinches of shredded cheddar cheese.

Place on cookie sheet and broil on medium for just a few minutes, checking frequiently, until the cheese on top is melted and slightly browned. Mushrooms will still be crisp. 
Add chives or other garnish as desired.
And you will have a show stopping addition to your next feast!







3 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

They look yummie! I might have to try these on my next little gathering.

Doro said...

I bet these could be made with tempeh or tvp for the vegetarian crowd (like me). Thanks for the inspiration.

Shannon said...

Ooh these look so good! I love a good stuffed mushroom, I just can never make them. I may have to try this recipe.

Simple accents for crafts, bridal showers, baby showers, home, decor, or gifts:

Popular posts: