Thursday

Pumpkins from twigs {Tutorial}

Inspired by all of the twig pumpkins I have seen in stores lately I set out to see if I could make one. It was harder than I imagined but through a little trial and error here is what I came up with:


Gather branches, ones that have a lot of branching to them will do the best. 

For a small pumpkin you want about 6'' branches for a larger one about 12''. Take about 3 of them lay the stems even to each other and make a loop.

Secure the loop with craft or floral wire.

Make at least 6 of these per pumpkin. And it is important that they are all about the same size. Trim any branches that stick out.


Put all the loops back to back with the top stems sticking up in the middle and secure with wire.
Spread the loops out to help hide the wire in the middle.





9 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How CUTE and THRIFTY!!! Happy Fall!

Blessings,
Linda

Natasha in Oz said...

You are so clever! I would never have had enough patience to make this.

I wish I could join in with Harvest Party but I am just not decorating for Fall since it is Spring over here. I will add a button to the sidebar on both my blogs though.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Hi! I found your site through a random search, and I'm so glad I did! I love the twig pumpkins! I'm going to have to forage for twigs tomorrow.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Jessa Love this pumpkin! I'll be featuring these today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, this is cute! How very creative you are!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

KimMalk said...

What a charming, creative pumpkin. I like the ribbon addition, too.

Unknown said...

Great idea!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your vignette, and your tutorial is wonderful. So pretty. Now I just need some branches. Thanks for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

A very original idea that you can easily do at home!

Simple accents for crafts, bridal showers, baby showers, home, decor, or gifts:

Popular posts: